The Screaming Frog SEO Tool is a web crawler that helps you to crawl, analyze and diagnose issues with your website. It’s an all-in-one tool for SEO professionals and webmasters who want to analyze their sites or competitors’ sites.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool can be used for quality assurance purposes such as identifying duplicate content issues, finding broken links on web pages, detecting blocked internal links, finding out which areas of your site are the slowest loading, etc.
Screaming Frog also has some powerful reporting features that allow you to export any data that you have found into Excel spreadsheets so that they are easier to manage and present as reports.
Technical SEO Auditing
Screaming Frog SEO Tool is a must-have tool for technical SEO auditing. It can be used to check a website’s on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and mobile optimization issues. Screaming Frog is free with an unlimited number of scans. You can use it as many times as you want and there are no limits on the number of pages crawled or websites analyzed.
Here are some ways that Screaming Frog can help you:
- Check your site’s links (whether they’re broken or missing)
- Discover how much content has been removed from your site in the past year or two
- Verify that all URLs have been redirected properly
The visualizations are useful for quick analysis of your data. There are several different types of visualizations available, including:
- Bar chart – This will show you a breakdown of specific elements in your data set. For example, if you have a list of URLs and want to see the number of them that have titles containing keywords or that have meta descriptions containing keywords.
- Heat map – This is useful when reviewing specific parts of your site’s content in relation to one another (e.g., how many images do I have on my homepage vs how many videos do I have on my homepage). It can also be used as an overall view of how well-optimized certain pages are for SEO purposes (e.g., what percentage of page titles contain keywords).
- Pie chart – Like heat maps, pie charts help analyze various aspects of a website’s content related to SEO such as the amount of text versus image use, who authors content, and where it gets published (e.g., blog post vs social media post).
As a rule of thumb, the more popular your competitors are in search engines, the more work you have to do to beat them. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for you to enter the market and outrank them! With Screaming Frog SEO Tool’s Competition Analysis feature, you can see exactly what it would take for your site to rank on top of theirs in Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
- Enter up to 100 URLs into Screaming Frog SEO Tool’s Site Audit tool or click “Enter URL” next to “Competitor Sites” under the SEO Keywords section.
- Select Competitors from under SEO Tools and select either “All Competitors” or “Top 10 Competitors.” Then select “Analyze.”
- The tool will automatically analyze each competitor’s backlinks (where they’re getting links) and anchor text percentages. It’ll also show which sites have higher Page Authority than yours (PA), Domain Authority (DA), MozRank, and MozTrust scores as well as how many social media mention each site has received. It’ll even tell if any of their pages have been penalized by Google!
You can also crawl sites that are not accessible to crawlers. This includes sites blocked by robots.txt or sitemaps authentication errors, as well as any sites that have no links pointing towards them (such as brand new domains).
Keyword Research With Screaming Frog
There are several ways to use Screaming Frog SEO Tool to do keyword research. The first is by using the Keyword Explorer function which allows you to enter a URL and then see all of the relevant keywords on that webpage.
You can also get reports on what pages have what keywords, or you can set up filters for specific search terms and track those over time.
Another way to use Screaming Frog SEO Tool for keyword research is by entering a query directly into its search bar, which will return results based on your input.
You can narrow down your results by adding additional terms or excluding some altogether if they don’t apply, such as “site:example.com” before each new term so that only pages within example.com come up in your results (instead of other sites).
Screaming Frog Excel Plugin
The Screaming Frog Excel plugin is a powerful tool for data analysis and reporting. It is used by many SEO professionals to parse large sets of data, analyze website performance, and generate reports.
The plugin requires Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer and can be downloaded from the Screaming Frog website. Once it’s installed, you’ll need to open up your spreadsheet file in Excel before importing the XML data from Screaming Frog. Then you can work with your data as you normally would in Excel.
One benefit of using this plugin is that it allows you to perform full site crawls without having to re-run them every time there’s an update or change on your website—which saves time when running reports! Another benefit is its ability to perform keyword research directly within an existing spreadsheet; this means that if someone already has a list of keywords they want to be researched (via organic search keyword tools like Google Keyword Planner), then all they have left after exporting results into Excel are some basic formatting options: creating columns based on meta descriptions/title tags or grouping key phrases together using “SEO friendly” headers like “Description.”
I would highly recommend you to use Screaming Frog as it is a great tool for beginners.
If you are new to SEO or want to learn more about how to use screaming frog, then Screaming Frog is the best tool for you. It is easy to use and will help you get a better understanding of how search engines crawl websites.
This tool can also be used by advanced users as well as professional SEO experts and web developers. Web designers can also benefit from using this tool since it can be used for analyzing any website that needs improvement in terms of its structure, design, or content.
I have been using Screaming Frog for the past few years and I can tell you screaming frog benefits that it has helped me to save a lot of time. It is easy to use, which means you don’t have to spend hours learning how to use it before you can start doing SEO audits for clients.
The best thing about Screaming Frog Review is that it is free, which means anyone can use it without having to pay any money upfront! This makes Screaming Frog a great option if you’re starting out in SEO or if you’re looking at ways of improving your existing website’s visibility online.